If you suffer from constipation, a colon cleanse can be the best way to regain regular bowel movements and restore your colon’s health. There are several ways to naturally cleanse the colon and to get things moving. Include each into your lifestyle to keep your colon healthy and happy …
- Add fiber to your diet. A diet high in fiber (up to 40 grams a day, both soluble and insoluble), slows the emptying time of the stomach and moves feces through the intestines quicker by bulking it up. A good rule of thumb is to add fibrous foods into each meal, such as: oatmeal for breakfast, lentils in your raw salad for lunch, berries for snacks, and a big stir fry vegetable bowl for dinner. Adding fiber to your diet is especially useful in providing a feeling of fullness and decreased appetite, which can also result in beneficial weight loss.
- Watch your diet. Eliminate all things contributing to the problem, such as: processed foods, sugar, white flour, alcohol and caffeine, food additives, colorings and preservatives, fruit and vegetables treated with pesticides, and most dairy.
- Hydrate. It is essential to drink 8-10 glasses of pure, filtered water each day. Drinking 3 glasses of water before breakfast will help to really get things moving early.
- Get moving. Exercise speeds up bowel action and encourages healthy elimination. And it doesn’t have to be strenuous exercise. Just get moving, such as walking, to get things moving.
- Colon Detox. Detoxing your colon regularly will do wonders to your health. And, while colon cleansing is not a weight-loss procedure, dropping weight is often a welcomed side effect! Popular colon flushes include: colonics with water, juice cleanses and natural colon cleansing supplements. Colon cleanses wash out toxins and waste material that have become trapped in your colon.